jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

my childs head lice dont finish we've tryed every sort of remedies and madicine

1. profile image48
    nomahposted 7 years ago

my childs head lice dont finish we've tryed every sort of remedies and madicine but they dont finish

what should i do?

2. Happyboomernurse profile image87
    Happyboomernurseposted 7 years ago

Habee gave excellent information on the hub, Does My Child Have Head Lice? Yikes! but if that hasn't worked I would suggest calling your Public Health Department and see if they can send a nurse to your home to help give you further guidance/instruction.

3. lala74 profile image60
    lala74posted 7 years ago

Use a metal lice comb to comb thru your childs hair after treatment. continue to do this daily for 10 days. Not all lice shampoos kill the eggs and if any eggs survive they will hatch within 7 to 10 days. This is why most children get re-infested. I used a product called licefree. It worked great on my daughter. I wrote a hub on my experience and what I used. Good Luck!!!

4. SteppingForward profile image58
    SteppingForwardposted 7 years ago

A friend of mine use mayo with a shower cap for nine hours it smothered the live bugs then used a comb for the eggs.  She said the bugs can survive if smothered for eight hours or less.  They don't like dirty hair so what I do to prevent my children from getting them is send them to school with conditioner or hair spray or gel. Good Luck

working