jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do teens have a curfew these days?

1. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

Do teens have a curfew these days?

When I was a teenager, ages ago, 1:00am was my curfew.  I have two kids and I never gave them curfews when they were in their teens.  No problem, they always came home safely and alive.  What do you say?

2. Trealmon profile image60
    Trealmonposted 7 years ago

Curfews are just another way that causes trouble in a teenagers life. Like the driving curfew, it has done more damage than justice. All this curfew does is make teens rush to get home faster and which may cause a wreck. And the same for a teen being home at a certain time. If they're around the age of 13 or 16, a curfew can be alright, just to teach some type of responsibility, plus, teens at that age are quite vulnerable. Once the teen is 16+, there is really no real reason for the curfew. If you can trust them with a care, I'm pretty sure you can trust them enough to get themselves home safely, unless you live in a very bad area.

3. ripple_of_life profile image57
    ripple_of_lifeposted 7 years ago

It all depends on the area you live in. Some laws say that kids at certain ages should be in at certain times.It also depend on weather you trust your child enough to have that responsiblity.

4. TheRaptorClaw profile image59
    TheRaptorClawposted 7 years ago

No i don't really have a curfew. It use to be 2:00 a.m. but not anymore. Oh and 6TEEN was my favorite show ever.

5. Sullen91 profile image79
    Sullen91posted 7 years ago

Some teens have curfews, but they're vastly outnumbered by those who don't, especially with older teenage years.

6. mandyf profile image65
    mandyfposted 7 years ago

I think it is good to have curfews. It is part of instilling responsibility in your children. Teaching them they have obligations to uphold. I think it is good discipline to give a teenager a curfew

7. QudsiaP1 profile image60
    QudsiaP1posted 7 years ago

Teens should definitely have a curfew because they are like little puppies who if not trained might turn into rabid dogs aka unproductive or worse yet destructive part of society.

8. profile image45
    Autummposted 7 years ago

I know I do. I know when it is starting to get dark it is time to head home. I know that if I'm not home before dark that I will get in trouble because I broke a rule. Now for me that would lead into a grounding and having my rights taken away and have restrictions on what I can and can't do. Now the only waY I could be out after dark is if I'm staying at a friends house or I'm with my mom or someone like that.