jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

When does sibling rivalry stops? My boys are 18 & 28 and they are still at it.

1. jagandelight profile image80
    jagandelightposted 7 years ago

When does sibling rivalry stops? My boys are 18 & 28 and they are still at it.

2. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i'm 46 and my brother is 49 and were still at it. we don't fight with fists anymore but we love to try to outdo the other one. boys will be boys.

3. mcrawford76 profile image83
    mcrawford76posted 7 years ago

Simple answer  - never
    More complex answer - At least with age the rivalry becomes more varied and interesting.
    Sad answer - No matter what I'm going to fight with my brother about anything and everthing just because I love to see him get upset. : )

4. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 7 years ago

It is inevitable that when a parent has more than one child, sibling rivalry ensues because there is competition between siblings in vying for parental attention.  Studies have shown that the larger the family, the more intense sibling rivalry becomes.  Sometimes sibling rivalry stops in early to late adolescence but oftentimes it continues throughout adulthood.   Sorry to say that as long as there are sisters/brothers, sisters/sisters, and brothers/brothers, they will be sibling rivalry.  I am going to say this- in order not to have sibling rivalry, have an only child!

working