Is there a particular childhood event that you feel help to shape who you are to

1. Vicki.Pierce profile image72
    Vicki.Pierceposted 7 years ago

Is there a particular childhood event that you feel help to shape who you are today?

I grew up on a pig farm and had the opportunity to bottle feed a couple of runt piglets.  I believe that I would not be in the field I am now in if it weren't for the fact that my family instilled the love of animals in me at a very young age.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/4436418_f260.jpg

2. Sher Lessons profile image60
    Sher Lessonsposted 7 years ago

I don't think there really was one particular event but many that shaped me.  I came from a pretty chaotic childhood filled with moving a lot, loss, mental illness, addiction, drugs/alcohol and violence. Exposed to just over all unhealthy behavior.  Which I think has made me want to stay as far a way from that in my personal life now as an adult.
    However, I do have a strong drive to help people in need.  I know how it feels to to be in the mix of all those problems.  I have great compassion and as long as it doesn't come into my home around my children I do try to help.  I do agree with you that childhood events do shape who you are but as in my case does not give anyone the right to hide behind that and treat others badly.

3. dianne143 profile image38
    dianne143posted 6 years ago

I can say it was the family bond that help me where I am now. I grew up in loving family a close tied relationship and all of the time of my life they are always in my side. I got confidence, courage and faith.

working