jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What are some ways to help a baby move away from cat naps to actual naps?

1. runrchic1 profile image69
    runrchic1posted 7 years ago

What are some ways to help a baby move away from cat naps to actual naps?

2. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 7 years ago

let them sleep in a very quiet room and let them get tired, indulge them in physical activity

3. katesn0w profile image53
    katesn0wposted 7 years ago

Babies that are nursing or bottle feeding when ever they want tend to "snack." They aren't getting a full feeding. They also get accustom to using feeding as a pacifier, they aren't really hungry it is just soothing to to suckle.

I would work on getting full feedings from your baby and slowly start spacing out the feedings to every 2 1/2 to 3 hours which will help baby learn when it is meal time. The gap in between meals will ensure she is filling her tummy and not snacking her way through the day.

Babies who have a feeding schedule seem to naturally fall in to a sleeping routine and sleep longer periods of time since they have full tummies and they know when to expect their next meal.

Hope this helps!

Note: Pacifiers are a great way to sooth your baby when she is just wanting to suckle and isn't really hungry.

4. CennyWenny profile image84
    CennyWennyposted 7 years ago

My boy is still a cat napper at 6 months, though I have been able to help him sleep longer by doing a couple of things...

1) Putting him in his crib to sleep. I was letting him sleep in the living room on the couch in his boppy pillow, but this... read more

Closed to reply