jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Do you like your first name and did you like it when you were a child?

1. jon smith profile image57
    jon smithposted 7 years ago

Do you like your first name and did you like it when you were a child?

I hated my first name when I was a child because it was so common, but I like it now because it is so easy

2. Najique76 profile image57
    Najique76posted 7 years ago

No way.. It wasnt until I was much older did I except it. My name is FABIOLA love it now but growing up I was ravioli, fabric softer, fab five freddy, fab the crab and etc... Wow you took me there. Good one.

3. Alberto Tavolini profile image55
    Alberto Tavoliniposted 7 years ago

I love my name and it has always been this way! Luck me I guess judging from your other answers smile

4. F.B. Spannigan profile image60
    F.B. Spanniganposted 7 years ago

I love my name. Its the greatest name ever.

5. Loveslove profile image59
    Lovesloveposted 7 years ago

I never liked my name preffering its shortened version...my mother is the only one who gets away with calling me by my proper name.

My middle name is Caroline im not keen on that either but its marginally better than my first name   some close friends call me  CARRIE  which I dont mind

6. JellyBean87 profile image57
    JellyBean87posted 7 years ago

I do now, but I didn't when I was younger. There were about 6 other girls in my year group with the same name and 2 lads with my first name as their last name.
    I sometimes wish I had a more exotic, unusual name.

7. cloudy_cool profile image73
    cloudy_coolposted 7 years ago

My name is 'Saloni' which means beautiful in English, and soft/ gentle in our native language...I've always loved my name since childhood because it is so sweet sounding and unique. And I've received many compliments for my 'beautiful' name and love being it!

8. selene383 profile image60
    selene383posted 7 years ago

I never really liked my name. There were so many others with my name and I was always being compared to them. My name is "Heather". Many people picture a bond with blue eyes, but i'm a brunette and i have dark brown eyes. Were I grew up I was the "FREAK" as they so kindly put it. I was always being picked on. Being compared to the other 10 Heathers was not fun.

9. Mrs. J. B. profile image59
    Mrs. J. B.posted 7 years ago

My dad picked my name and I have never liked it. Anything that you could buy with a name on it, mine was never found. Now if my mom had named me I would not have liked that name either. She wanted to name me Ellen. A lose lose situation.... Now as for your name Jon that is my husband's name too............

10. Edoka Writes profile image60
    Edoka Writesposted 7 years ago

I like it now, but I would always pretend that my name was Michelle.