jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Do you know the different between your mother and your mother-in-law

1. Arunix profile image60
    Arunixposted 7 years ago

Do you know the different between your mother and your mother-in-law

2. Satyam7 profile image60
    Satyam7posted 7 years ago

There is great difference between a mother and mother-in-law.  No one can replace a mother.  Your mother is your own flesh and blood and the other is not. A good mother is a sacred bond that last for all times.  But I know mother-in-law for others who is an incarnation of the devil.

3. Jarn profile image83
    Jarnposted 7 years ago

About the same difference as that between God and the Devil, as I understand it.

4. Mrs. J. B. profile image61
    Mrs. J. B.posted 7 years ago

NO..... My Mother drove me crazy and my Mother In Law is also a royal pain. I prefer to keep myself distant from both. It is less stressful.

5. Lisa HW profile image73
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

My mother and my mother-in-law were both kind, loving, caring, people - but, of course, my mother was my mother, which was that unique kind of relationship kids have with their own mothers.  My husband's mother was someone I cared very much about, got along with, and appreciated in so many ways (especially for the kind of grandmother she was to my kids and their cousins).

When all is said and done, though; yes, I saw a big difference between how I felt about my mother versus how I felt about my mother-in-law.

(Am I the only one on here who liked both my mother and my mother-in-law?  It's sure looking that way to me right now.   smile  )

6. Secretabundance profile image68
    Secretabundanceposted 4 years ago

They are pretty similar in nature.  They have strong maternal instincts and love.  Their unconditional love, however, are stronger towards their own children.  We should always be grateful to both for being such great mothers to their children.