jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What do you do to raise your baby's head when he/she gets a stuffy nose?

1. pitzele profile image66
    pitzeleposted 7 years ago

What do you do to raise your baby's head when he/she gets a stuffy nose?

When my baby gets a cold with a stuffy nose I like to let him sleep in a car seat to keep his head up.  What do you do?

2. BabyStuff profile image57
    BabyStuffposted 7 years ago

The best solution for this is to put a folded up blanket under the crib mattress to raise it up just a bit on one end. Some mothers whose babies have reflux use this trick also. Another thing that helps when my baby has a stuffy nose is saline drops. You can use them as often as baby needs them to help the baby flush out her nostrils naturally.

3. RuneRapture profile image57
    RuneRaptureposted 7 years ago

when my daughters were babies, i used to steam up the bathroom by running a bath and closing the doors/ windows putting some vicks or karvol in the water, taking off vests and other items of clothing i would sit in the bathroom with them giving them a cuddle until they became unblocked and then get them dressed, give them some calpol, rub a tiny bit of vapour rub on their tummy and back and put them to bed as part of bedtime routine.

4. zoey24 profile image76
    zoey24posted 7 years ago

I used to do what 'Babystuff' suggested by putting a folded up blanket under the crib mattress. It also helps to put a bowl of hot water up high somewhere in the babies room with a drop of Karvol or Vicks in it.

5. lilibees profile image60
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I always let mine baby babies sleep in the swing or carseat, when they had stuffy noses.

6. jill betts profile image55
    jill bettsposted 7 years ago

I place a pillow under the cot mattress and that raises the upper body and place lavener oil on the cot bumper

7. EmmaMedu profile image77
    EmmaMeduposted 7 years ago

I put two big books under the upper part of the mattress, so the whole body is lifted up a little bit. It helps my daughter breathe easier.

working