jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Do teenagers really tell their parents the truth?

1. Coffee With Carla profile image60
    Coffee With Carlaposted 7 years ago

Do teenagers really tell their parents the truth?

2. RealHousewife profile image76
    RealHousewifeposted 7 years ago

My daughter did - I used to wish she wouldn't be so truthful sometimes:)

3. Sunny Barb profile image60
    Sunny Barbposted 7 years ago

I think most of them have probably withheld the truth at some point or another.  I thought my daughter told me everything, but have since learned it was not the case.

4. dallaswriter profile image60
    dallaswriterposted 7 years ago

No, not even the best of them! I think the term teenagers means teen agers! LOL smile

5. surfcaster2010 profile image78
    surfcaster2010posted 7 years ago

I would imagine that they tell the truth at least as much as the parents tell them. Looking back on my childhood it's clear my parents didn't always tell the truth and neither did I.

6. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I don't think all teens lie, although at times they may omit things we would like to know.  My girls didn't lie.  They had a lot of freedom and respect from us and knew if they lied, they would lose that.

We never flipped out when they would tell us things, we always listened to whatever they needed to tell us.

7. philirodje profile image61
    philirodjeposted 7 years ago

Well, no not every truth they tell their parents. i remember when i was young, I dont tell my parents everything that happened sometimes.

8. carolp profile image80
    carolpposted 7 years ago

My children know that i believe, trust them and that by lying or not telling the truth would make me unhappy, frustrated and disappointed. So they have to tell me the truth and I feel it when they lie to me.

9. anabrea profile image61
    anabreaposted 7 years ago

I think that there may be some that don't lie, but I beleive they probably all withhold information, and even the best of them may lie at one point. It's due to the fact that they are not yet wholy formed human beings. My kids definitely did not tell me everything as it was happening, although they both eventually owned up, or told the truth when confronted directly.

working