jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can you stop your teenage kids from using facebook?

1. lolasjourney profile image58
    lolasjourneyposted 7 years ago

Can you stop your teenage kids from using facebook?

Many young teenage girls use Facebook to spread rumors and intentionally hurt others. Is it possible to get your teenage child to stop using Facebook considering that 99.9% of the school population has one?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4837573_f260.jpg

2. Anne Pettit profile image70
    Anne Pettitposted 7 years ago

I had to disconnect mine from the internet for a while.  She couldn't stop

3. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Parents need to remember they are in charge of the home.  There is no reason a child/teen needs to have constant access to the internet or Facebook.  Have the computer in a family area where you can see what is going on.  Teens spend too much time isolated in their rooms with TV, computers etc. 

And how do parents afford all of the kids to have cell phones--those things are expensive.  Our kids used them when they were going somewhere so they could call home but they don't need them in the classroom.

4. aka-dj profile image76
    aka-djposted 7 years ago

That depends.
    If you have control, yes.
    If you don't, then, no.
    This issue is resolved before they become teens. If you haven't taught them by now, then it won't go well trying to stop them. You can't treat teens the same way as you do pre-teens. A lot of parents make the mistake of trying, and cause more harm than good.

5. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

Why would you want to stop them? Use facebook to teach them instead. "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me" Teach them not to care what others say. Rumors are just that, rumors. Little whispers in the hallways and keypads of society.

working