What do I do?

1. profile image47
    marienne ymbangposted 6 years ago

What do I do?

My daugther is 2 yrs old and she has been potty trained since she has been 18 months. But now that she has a new sister that is 1 months old, she has been peeing in her pants for the whole month. What can I do ??

2. ThePracticalMommy profile image94
    ThePracticalMommyposted 6 years ago

You might try offering incentives for her to use the potty again. Try making a chart for her (you can google for one) and tell her she can place sticker on the chart each time she is successful. After a few stickers, she can earn a small prize, and when she fills in the chart, she can earn a larger prize. Good luck!

3. Coach Julie profile image57
    Coach Julieposted 6 years ago

Sometimes you have to go back to the basics.  In this case, though, there is more to it.  Your 2 year old is reacting to the attention that your 1 month old is getting.  She is no longer the center of attention.  She now has to share that.  It is important that she understands she is still loved and that she still gets her own attention that does not include the new baby.  Maybe you can do this when the baby is napping and the 2 year old can have alone time with Mommy.  You may want to include her in taking care of the baby.  Let her help you change the diapers.  At the age of 2 there won't be much she can do but she can be made to feel included in small ways.  Reward her for keeping her pants dry and remind her when it's time to go potty.  In time this will pass.