jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

President Obama Baback after nine months deserves Nobel Peace Prize?

1. quimbicla profile image55
    quimbiclaposted 8 years ago

President Obama Baback after nine months deserves Nobel Peace Prize?

2. selkefam profile image60
    selkefamposted 8 years ago

Yes, I believe so.  Why not?  He has worked hard to not only try to find middle ground between the Democrats and Republicans, but for the world as well.  He has went out of his way, even to the point of doing opposite of what his party believes he should, to find middle ground with other countries.  This "middle ground" is peace. Therefore, he deserves the prize.

3. Ralph Deeds profile image61
    Ralph Deedsposted 8 years ago

Yes. Obama absolutely does deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. However, there are a number of Americans who are not proud that their president was honored. Shame on them.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009 … -prize.php

4. profile image0
    Calling Crowposted 8 years ago

I believe he deserves this Nobel Peace Prize for spending the most amount of money in the least amount of time with the least amount of resistance from the American people.  What he has accomplished in the last 9 months is absolutely amazing!!!

5. LaLaLayla profile image54
    LaLaLaylaposted 8 years ago

No. I think after a few years, or maybe if he were to win a second term maybe. You can't deny that he does have an allure with our country, and even the world, but as a celebrity...not a politician. He needs to build his strength up first as a president. He has alot of clean-up after Bush. Promises can be made...but as a country we need to start living off of actual results...not promises.

6. profile image0
    saurabhpandeposted 8 years ago

Oh ,come on. At least this can't be the issue for discussion. Here is a man who have worked so hard with honesty that he is now the president of the world's strongest country.

7. EdG. profile image60
    EdG.posted 8 years ago

Well considering that Obama had only been in office for 12 days when the nominations were due, I'd say he probably doesn't deserve this award. Plus, he is still waging the wars he and his party have been promising to end for months, years even. Talk is one thing, but follow-through is what would have given him some claim to the nobel peace prize.

And one more thing to consider: Barrack Obama is now the commander in chief of one of the most militaristic nations on earth. He may not be as bloodthirsty as his predecessor but his job description certainly isn't associated with peace. 

Then again, Al Gore won one of these things. They might as well start putting them in cracker jack boxes.

8. H P Roychoudhury profile image47
    H P Roychoudhuryposted 8 years ago

In his Presidency of nine months whatever he did that is for bringing peace and be friendly with world leaders which is the best policy for establishing the atmosphere for peace in the Globe. He deserves the Nobel Peace Prize as a commander of initiating the peace process in the World.

9. BrianLeanza profile image54
    BrianLeanzaposted 8 years ago

I think he is being made a symbol more than anything else. That is, the price in this case is awarded to him not strictly because of his deeds, but because of what he symbolizes.

In my opinion, this is as good a reason as any other.

working