How do I stop my 5 yr old from wetting the bed?

1. KNOWLEDGESEEKER79 profile image59
    KNOWLEDGESEEKER79posted 6 years ago

How do I stop my 5 yr old from wetting the bed?

My 5 yr old is still wetting the bed,is he too old to be doing this?

2. naturalimpact profile image57
    naturalimpactposted 6 years ago

Many children this age are still wetting the bed.  I wouldn't be so concerned about how old he is ... I would focus on how to fix the problem.  It can be a simple fix of giving your son a good mineral supplement such as Ionic Minerals.  Or if he is hypoblycemic, let him have a protein snack before he goes to bed (such as peanut butter or cottage cheese).   If he has weak kidneys or bladder - or weak adrenals - those can all be supported with a number of nutritional/herbal supplements.  The point is, your son is not doing this on purpose ... there is a reason for it - something is causing it.  When you find the cause it can quickly be fixed and everybody is happy!   Please contact me through my website if you'd like further help with this.  Here's the link:

3. Monisajda profile image72
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

Make sure he doesn't drink at all just before sleep and that he goes potty before. As I said in another post, put a woolen blanket under his cotton sheet to prevent wetting the mattress. Boys usually tend to take longer in learning how to stay dry through the night.