jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What age is too old for a child to be wetting the bed?

1. KNOWLEDGESEEKER79 profile image60
    KNOWLEDGESEEKER79posted 6 years ago

What age is too old for a child to be wetting the bed?

2. windresistant profile image56
    windresistantposted 6 years ago

There isn't a "too old", every kid matures at their own rate.

3. Monisajda profile image73
    Monisajdaposted 6 years ago

It really varies with each child. Occasionally even older kids can have accidents in the night. I remember that I was seven when I had one or two. Both my daughters were late to potty train but then they never had any accidents. I know that boys usually take longer to master staying dry at night. If you are concerned about changing sheets frequently, put a wool blanket under a regular cotton sheet to prevent wetting a mattress. Wool naturally creates a barrier and acts sort of like a sponge. Good luck!

4. cat on a soapbox profile image94
    cat on a soapboxposted 6 years ago

Our pediatrician told me that you subtract the child's age from 10. That number multiplied by 10 is the percentage of children in that age group that stll wet the bed.

At age 7, for example, 30% still wet the bed.

Heavy sleepers have the biggest problem. It's best to let your child feel wet when they get older rather than put them in overnight diapers or underwear. It trains them to wake up and use the bathroom. The exception would be for an overnight away from home.

5. sharnas profile image57
    sharnasposted 6 years ago

Dear try this.......
            Give your child two tea spoons honey in a glass of cold water before go to bed  regularly. Wait and see for result.
    Good luck