jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Where and how can I get organic Products? What are the merits and demerits of o

1. rajanrayhan profile image44
    rajanrayhanposted 6 years ago

Where and how can I get organic Products?  What are the merits and demerits of organic products?

I have recently known of Organic products. I want to use them and .......

2. dialogue profile image62
    dialogueposted 6 years ago

Organic foods are foods that are produced using methods that do not involve modern synthetic inputs such as pesticides and chemical fertilizers, do not contain genetically modified organisms, and are not processed using irradiation, industrial solvents, or chemical food additives.

http://www.organica.in/ : INDIA based firm Organica – provides wide range of organic products like- Organic forest honey, Organic Green tea, Organic tulsi green tea, Organic ginger, etc

http://www.organicindia.com/index.php : you can find here a wide range of Organic Foods that is advisable to be included in your daily Organic Diet.

Merits : Today, substantial amount of greenhouse gas emissions come from food and farming. Nitrogen fertiliser manufacturing is the worst offender. To produce just one tonne takes one tonne of oil, seven tonnes of greenhouse gasses and one hundred tonnes of water. Organic farmers work with nature to feed the soil and control pests. By choosing organic, local and seasonal - we can significantly reduce our carbon footprint.

No food has higher amounts of beneficial minerals, essential amino acids and vitamins than organic food. Organic food avoids pesticides and all controversial additives including aspartame, tartrazine, MSG and hydrogenated fats. Organic food contains higher levels of vitamin C and minerals like calcium, magnesium, iron and chromium as well as cancer-fighting antioxidants and Omega 3.

The plant, insect and bird life is substantially greater on organic farms. Organic farming relies on wildlife to help control natural pests, so wide field edges are left uncultivated for bugs, birds and bees to flourish. They are also not sprayed away by the fertilisers, chemicals and pesticides routinely used on non-organic farms. GM free  Genetically modified (GM) crops and ingredients are banned under organic standards.

3. Inventurist profile image76
    Inventuristposted 6 years ago

Organic designation is probably the biggest lie to the consumer available. But it does sell products. Does it really matter to your body if a potato has been irradiated so it doesn't sprout? Or if I sprayed beer on my tomato plants to keep off aphids? read more

4. Inventurist profile image76
    Inventuristposted 6 years ago

Be careful you don't get the wool pulled over your eyes on the whole organic thing. I am a food scientist by training so I'll give this a try, it is one of my favorite things to talk about.

Check out my hub on it