jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Did you apply the style of your parents in bringing you up to bring up your chil

1. Abhaque Supanjang profile image80
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

Did you apply the style of your parents in bringing you up to bring up your children ?

2. ginjill ashberry profile image75
    ginjill ashberryposted 6 years ago

No. And I hope my children wouldn't either. Each generation learn from the last generation. I try to adopt the good and change the bad. No matter, i really believed that parents regardless of the different generations; always tried to be the best that they know how to.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

No - a thousand times no.  My parents were loving but alcoholics and not really coherent at times.  I am an only child so there are some nasty memories of being left alone while they slept it off.

My kids had a great childhood, we made sure we did not bring our own baggage into their lives.  We raised them with humor, and love and they are both lovely young women now.

4. shanaya profile image77
    shanayaposted 6 years ago

Our knowledge of how to bring up a child usually comes from our surroundings and our own upbringing.

This may result in patterns from the parent's own social experiences being repeated and passed on to their children.

I won't mind applying the same.smile

working