jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I miss my mother today. Have you lost your mother? What would you say to her i

1. sholland10 profile image94
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

I miss my mother today.  Have you lost your mother?  What would you say to her if she were here?

For Mother's Day.  A tribute to the mothers who we can no longer visit with or ask advice from or share our common and uncommon interests.

2. chuckandus6 profile image77
    chuckandus6posted 6 years ago

that she is everything in me that makes me a mom and wife
    and a person and she means the world to me and I am so proud to be her daughter

3. sholland10 profile image94
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

I lost my mother a little over a year ago.  My daughter was sixteen at the time, and we rarely had dramatic issues - but now...  I would like to ask my mother, "How in the world did you survive raising 5 girls?"  HA!  NOW, I GET IT!  I have a wonderful daughter, but sometimes we butt heads.  I look back at my teenage years and how my mother and I butted heads, too. 

I would also like to tell her that I am sorry for not calling or visiting more.  I sure would have worked in more time with her.

I love you, Mom, and I sure do miss you.  Thank you for everything you taught me.

4. puter_dr profile image85
    puter_drposted 6 years ago

If she was answering this, she would probably ask "Why are you missing someone who is dead? Get over it and concern yourself with the living"
    But the reality is, I have still not come to grips with her death. It has been less than a year, and I still think about asking her for recipes, or other questions,  and of course I can't.

Mom, I miss you.

5. Tamila Roberts profile image34
    Tamila Robertsposted 6 years ago

My mom is still alive, but, her health is not good. She has diabetes and blood pressure and struggles daily.  I could do so much more for her on a every day basis if I had a profession worthy of mention.

Unfortunately,  sharing your knowledge on a daily basis about nutrition, exercise and diet is not something that is really attractive to the world. It won't make you rich or happy. However, If it helps someone you will have accomplished something good.

I wish that, I had a magic-lamp that you could rub to make things change. It's a shame that it won't ever happen because nothing exists that you can't already visualize and accomplish. We are so controlled by other's beliefs and opinion that it's on the verge of turning us into something sad and ridiculous.

Instead of really working, I spend my day's writing my memories over the Internet.  If only people could see further then their own nose-tip. The truth is that true potential is often hidden, stolen or reprimanded by bigger then you because it represents competition.

My current lifestyle doesn't allow me much time with her either. I have a family of my own already to take care of. If only, I had that magic lamp with a genie inside. My one wish  would be to turn back time and get her out of her misery to make mom happy and proud for once in her life.

6. akanga1 profile image86
    akanga1posted 6 years ago

I lost my mother just over 10 months ago. I miss her every waking hour of every day. It is impossible to put it into words.

7. profile image48
    jodyjaneyccckposted 6 years ago

Help me!!!! I am so lost right now. I seem to have no way out and fear for my OWN children. What would YOU do?