jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is your best memory of you and your mother?

1. Ludivine profile image61
    Ludivineposted 6 years ago

What is your best memory of you and your mother?

2. Whidbeywriter profile image87
    Whidbeywriterposted 6 years ago

It was last year, I went to visit her in Texas and her and I had a great time. She is 76 years old.  We just watched movies and cooked and went shopping, no schedules and no worries. During a movie we were watching there was a sad part in it and I looked over to her and said mom I love you, she then got tears in her eyes and hugged me and said I love you too. As simple a thing as that was, it will be forever engraved in my heart.

3. profile image0
    Sunnie Dayposted 6 years ago

The way my mom use to wake us up for school. She would sit beside the bed and say so sweetly Good morning Love, time to get up. Rub our back or forhead in such a gentle way. She always hugged and kissed us goodbye as we made our way out the door to school until the day I left home.

4. Sunshine625 profile image94
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

I miss my mom's cooking and staying up late into the night, talking and playing gin rummy....she is missed

5. Happyboomernurse profile image86
    Happyboomernurseposted 6 years ago

When I was 10 Mom was the PTA president and had arranged for a clown to come to the school during a holiday assembly event. Unfortunately I had to stay home from school that day due to a strep infection, but when she came back home she had the clown with her and he gave me a private performance! I was really sick and weak but it brought a big smile to my face.

6. dragonlady1967 profile image85
    dragonlady1967posted 6 years ago

The last time I saw my mother alive was Mother's day 18 years ago.  She was very sick, and I had 2 small children. I knew she knew about my oldest, but due to her illness wasn't sure if she knew about my youngest.  Her last words to me was (with a hug) "I love ------" I cry every time I remember this because she let me know she knew about my babies...both of them and she was letting me know she loved me and them.  I hugged her so hard that day.  I miss her a lot. She'd be proud what fine ladies her grand babies have grown up to be.

7. shanaya profile image75
    shanayaposted 6 years ago

There are many, but
    The way she use to Comb my Hair & give me oil massage it was amazing.
    She still love to comb my hair..smile I LOVE YOU MOM:)

8. JayeWisdom profile image92
    JayeWisdomposted 6 years ago

My "sweet little Mama" lived with me the last three years of her life, and, though she was stricken with the insidious memory thief, Alzheimers, we had some delightful talks.

While she could rarely recall what she had for breakfast that day, she delved back into her long-term memory banks and told me wonderful stories about her childhood and early life with the dad she adored.

My best memory, even though it's coupled with one of the most heart-rending, is that she knew who I was right up to the last day of her life.

She's been gone 2 1/2 years now, but I still miss her. Mother's Day was bittersweet for me, and it may always be that way.