jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Can family actually be destructive rather than productive?

1. ALUR profile image65
    ALURposted 6 years ago

Can family actually be destructive rather than productive?

2. Sunshine625 profile image93
    Sunshine625posted 6 years ago

Absolutely but luckily it's a rarity. More families are productive rather than destructive so there's still hope. We are born into a family but with common sense we become who we are with our own doing. Great question!

3. profile image45
    adrenalinerushposted 6 years ago

Heck No! Their advice is straight from the heart. Take a step back and analyze what they are saying because it's the truth and that in most cases hurts. If you want support then hang out with friends who think along your lines.

4. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

much too often they are. i know families that due to their ignorance or stupidity, their kids grow up without any good influences and are in trouble at a young age. then you get families that sit on welfare and their kids think it is a good way to live.

5. kittythedreamer profile image98
    kittythedreamerposted 6 years ago

Yes, they most definitely can. It depends on the family, though. You've heard the term "toxic friend"? Well, there can also be "toxic family"! Family members that are co-dependent upon each other...that keep each other addicted is an example of a destructive relationship within a family. But as said from the others here, most of the time family is a more productive force in one's life.

6. Aamna Aamad profile image73
    Aamna Aamadposted 6 years ago

Yes families could be destructive, my hubby has a half sister and the mother pretends to love my hubby more but actually its all for her daughter. my hubby's mother has created differences between the father and the son and wants all the property to be named to her daughter though she is not child of the same father.

7. rob_allen profile image85
    rob_allenposted 6 years ago

I depends on the family. If you belong to a family of crooks, i dont know, i dont want to generalize but that usually happens. The tree will always bear fruits of its kind unless you do a little marcotting .smile