jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How old was your children when you let them come home from school by themselves?

1. puddingicecream profile image75
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

How old was your children when you let them come home from school by themselves?

Say the school was about 10 blocks away from home in a middle-class neighborhood.

2. Oropher profile image58
    Oropherposted 6 years ago

About twelve, but I was always there about a half hour later. I don't think my daughter was 15 before I trusted her at home by herself for an extended period. Let's face it, hormones don't allow them to think properly.

3. terkawy profile image56
    terkawyposted 6 years ago

i think 10 years is good , they must have freedom.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 6 years ago

In my time, I was walking to school at the age of 7. It was about 5 km away from home.

Now for my children, I fetch them to school until the age of 14. I can see most parents will allow their kids to go school by themselves at around 8 - 9 years old.

The reason for me doing so was that the school was quite a distance away and I had the time to do so.

5. jacqui2011 profile image82
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

My daughters school is quite far away from where we live, so I allow her to walk part of the way home by herself (to her friends house) and I meet her. She is 10 years old.

working