jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you keep your kids from bickering with the neighbor kids all summer?

1. profile image51
    sfrye1983posted 6 years ago

How do you keep your kids from bickering with the neighbor kids all summer?

2. jennshealthstore profile image91
    jennshealthstoreposted 6 years ago

You really can't, especially now a days, I find that kids fight so much more than they use to. If its your children starting the fights, then you can try to teach them how to respect and teach them good behavior. If they are getting picked on, you can try to teach them that how those children are behaving is not the right way and not to take part in the bickering. You might just have to keep them apart.

3. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

Gag them! No, seriously, my kids quite often fall out with the local kids. They just seem to bicker all the time. I don't know if its out of boredom because they are off for nearly 7 weeks, and thats a long time to prevent them from becoming bored. We try to work something out where friends come round to us for the day and the next day they go to their friends. I try to take them to the park one of the days to give them different surroundings. I dont think you can ever stop them completely from bickering because kids do tend to have a go at one another. All you can really do is talk to them and ask them to be more patient and understanding towards each other. I think also it can be age related, my older daughter grew out of this when she was about 12 or 13.

4. profile image0
    AlienWednesdayposted 6 years ago

Talk to the parents of the kids. Say you don't like the bickering all the kids are doing and maybe they should have to do some yard work. The kids will either bicker more and work. Or start working together to get done quicker. Or at least if you have to listen to bickering you have less to do.