What are the most important issues adoption placement agencies look at?

1. K9keystrokes profile image90
    K9keystrokesposted 6 years ago

What are the most important issues adoption placement agencies look at?

2. tfrickey profile image60
    tfrickeyposted 6 years ago

In our experience, social workers (who interviewed us all three times) wanted to know:

*if we would be committed to continue the counseling/therapy for all three children,
    *if we would provide religious education,
    *what our disciplinary styles were like,
    *how we would handle the various behaviors the children were exhibiting (i.e. sexual),
    *if we had other children in our home (it was suggested for our three that we have no other children so we could concentrate on them),
    *if one parent was able to stay home with the youngest child if he did not go into school right away,
    *they asked if we were committed to their future education, and would we have a problem if the kids chose a job rather than college.
    *they inquired about pets in our home, and questioned if one child was allergic to an animal, would we be willing to part with that animal,
    *they also requested that we adhere to the court orders and agree to a closed adoption (where the kids do not have contact with their birth parents).
    *They also asked questions about our jobs and our education background.  They were impressed that both my husband and I had secure, full-time careers that we enjoyed.  They were also impressed that we both have advanced degrees.

Our interviews were low-stress and more like a conversation about "what would your life be like with these three kids"...it was not intimidating at all.

I hope this helps!