jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Have you had a tear-jerker moment ? A movie, a memory, an experience.

1. stayingalivemoma profile image84
    stayingalivemomaposted 6 years ago

Have you had a tear-jerker moment ? A movie, a memory, an experience.

For me it was when my son was born and they told me he was healthy. Or in the Movie Radio, when Radio found out his mother died. What about you?

2. KMattox profile image58
    KMattoxposted 6 years ago

Too many to count. Some were good some were bad. The day I was married was a big one and the day my sister died was another. That;s the way life is. It is a series of emotional moments with calm in between. Congratulations on the birth of your son.

3. Allen Williams profile image83
    Allen Williamsposted 6 years ago

I've had many throughout my life, mostly moments of deaths.  There is one time tht sticks out for me and it was during the movie Ghost.  At the end of the movie when Patrick Swayze went up into the light.  It wasn't the movie that was a tear jerker but what happened in my real life at that exact moment.  At the very moment that he went into the light, my Siberian Husky dog died.  She had been ill for a while and the night that Ghost was on television our dog was laying in our living room in front of the Christmas tree, sleeping and breathing heavy.  We expected her to go soon but right at that moment became memorable.  Now when ever I see that movie, I get a lump in my throat and a tear in my eye at that scene every time.

4. slaffery profile image60
    slafferyposted 6 years ago

For me the movie "Hope Floats" gets me every time.  I am crier anyway but this movie is all about hardship and moving past that.  Never losing hope for a better tomorrow.  Taking a look at the past  and what once was realizing that life is ever changing and we have to grow with times.  Realizing that all we have experienced was not in vain but defines our very purpose and helps us to move on.

5. nancynurse profile image79
    nancynurseposted 6 years ago

When My sister's husband died seeing her in so much pain was more than I could bare.

6. whoisbid profile image75
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

So many times my friend. My life has been filled with sorrow. I cannot even begin to explain it. Then again the happy times and terrifically joyous times make up for it.

7. jacqui2011 profile image85
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I have had countless moments like this. When my daughters were born, when close family members died etc. As far as movies go, two of my favourite tearjerker films are: Madame X and Imitation of Life - I cry for hours after watching them.