jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is it normal for an adult male to have young children spend the night in their b

1. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 6 years ago

Is it normal for an adult male to have young children spend the night in their bed?

I'm talking about their own children.

2. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 6 years ago

I meant, "I'm NOT talking about their own children"

3. delmer47 profile image60
    delmer47posted 6 years ago

My wife was always comfortable with the kids in our bed, esp. when they were little. I wasn't. I always wanted them to have their own space in their own bed. The only time I got in bed with my parents was when I was scared of a storm or if I had a bad dream. After a certain period of time I had to go back to my own bed. Are you talking about a like a single parent Dad?

4. ThoughtSandwiches profile image79
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

I have to think that the various clarifications required to determine just "who's kids' are being slept with...then...yeah...let's put that practice in the box called "weird."

5. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

If you are saying "other people's children" then the answer is never.
    No it is not normal; it doesn't even enter a house where normal resides.
    Even if there is nothing strange going on you will never convince a jury of it.
    You would have a very hard time convincing the average person.
    Under the most innocent of circumstances it would be terribly foolish.

6. JherusiaLhean profile image58
    JherusiaLheanposted 6 years ago

For me it would not be proper to have other children spend the night in their bed. It would be ok if it was their own child nothing could be wrong.

7. kaydenlee profile image57
    kaydenleeposted 6 years ago

Adults should not have children in their bed if those kids are not their own. It may be perfectly harmless, by why take the chance of upsetting anyone or causing concerns about inappropriate behavior? In today's society, (as unfortunate as it is) too many people would jump to conclusions. Plus, it is just weird.

8. OutsideTheLines profile image61
    OutsideTheLinesposted 6 years ago

I see nothing wrong with having their own children sleep with them in the same bed. Assuming that they are a single parent I'm sure the children and their father could use a little extra comfort in the difficult time of an absent parent.

9. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

if they're a member of the family like uncle etc it's most likely to be fine ... but anyone else i would say no. best to keep the kids in their own beds.

10. Vicki99 profile image77
    Vicki99posted 6 years ago

Uhm... that would be a BIG no. I can think of absolutely no situation where this would be normal behavior.