jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

When I grow up, I want to be...

1. ronhi profile image73
    ronhiposted 6 years ago

When I grow up, I want to be...

What was your childhood dream? Have you realized it or are you doing something totally different? Let me start, I wanted to be a doctor- then one day I see an accident scene and I changed my mind for good. Today, am an IT expert.

2. JerryJupiter profile image60
    JerryJupiterposted 6 years ago

Always wanted to be a firefighter when I was a kid. Now that I'm an adult - I just want to be a kid again.

3. Laurin Gatewood profile image67
    Laurin Gatewoodposted 6 years ago

When I was young, my childhood dream was to be a detective, but as I grew I became drawn to writing.  Unfortunately my personal life dictated me, becoming a government employee.  I am still struggling with my dream.

4. LanaLu profile image61
    LanaLuposted 6 years ago

This is a very good question and the answer is No I am not currently doing what I wanted to do from when I was a child. I wanted to be a successful attorney. As a kid I always said “I want to be a lawyer” so I went and got my undergraduate degree in criminal justice and law and started working for an immigration law firm. Honestly I hated it, I was miserable and realized this is not what I want to do for the rest of my life. During my time at the law firm, I inherited cases with some psychological background and I did minor in psychology in college and came to realize that I truly enjoy psychology work so I went for my masters in psychology. Currently working as a therapist and working towards my PhD. But I feel its okay to change your mind because as a person gets older your mind changes and so do your ambitions and interest. I feel as long as you are happy with who you are and what you do, you made the right decision for yourself.

5. vianasya profile image61
    vianasyaposted 6 years ago

My childhood dreams kept changing all the time. There's few I remembered. I was once wanted to be a teacher, an engineer, or an architech. But then, now I think a little bit simple, just go with the flow. As long as you'll be a good person, doing everything at your best, having enough to share with others, I think it would be a perfect dream to live on, isn't? ^_^

6. lobobrandon profile image92
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

I never had any clear cut aim, but now I can't decide between a writer and an engineer. I love them both

7. stylezink profile image81
    stylezinkposted 6 years ago

I always wanted to be an artist. Now, I'm in medical billing. [BOO!] I was always passionate about art but my parents shrugged it off and never took it seriously. They also had a divorced around this time when we should have been college planning so it was never discussed. Just my attempts of leaving art & design college info on their desks, just to be pushed off to the side. I don't fully blame them it was a combination of all of us that lead me to my future and where I am today.

Life gets in the way sometimes and steers us in different directions. Mine took off in away I would have never expected. My dream has now become my hobby.

8. shwetha123 profile image72
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

As a kid I always wanted to be an Astronaut. Stars always fascinate me when i was young. As a kid i always wanted to touch them.

Now I am a software engineer and i am happy the way life is going on. But still some where in depth of my heart I wish to be a kid again.

9. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I wanted to be a veterinarian -- or maybe a horse trainer. Now I've trained a few horses to date, but certainly never made a career out of it. Today I'm a full-time writer, and am working toward building a wholesale tropical fish farm.

10. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

When I grow up I want to become a child again.

11. hcachat profile image61
    hcachatposted 6 years ago

I wanted to be an ambulance chaser. At least that is what I used to tell my father. Over time I had different passions that I wanted for myself, Interior Decorator, Photographer, mother etc.

I am a photographer, I am a mother.... more than anything I want to not struggle. I struggle to be the best mother. I struggle to pay my bills. I struggle finding my true love. We all struggle.

12. rai2722 profile image71
    rai2722posted 6 years ago

When I was a kid, I want to be a policeman. Then I grew older, and wanted to be a businessman. Nowadays, I'm a journalist/writer for the local magazines.