jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

When you were a kid, what did you want to grow up to be? Why?

1. pjdorantes profile image66
    pjdorantesposted 2 years ago

When you were a kid, what did you want to grow up to be? Why?

Just so, what did you want to grow up to be? Did you become what you wanted?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12843025_f260.jpg

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 2 years ago

My "goals" changed with my age.
    When I was very young I wanted to be a race car driver. Then I thought I'd be "a book writer" (as I called it). In my early teens I wanted to be a cartoonist. I was very influenced by Charles Schulz's "Peanuts" and thought that perhaps I could take over the strip for Schulz whenever he retired...but then, not only did the guy practically die at his drawing board, he decreed that the strip die with him. Geez, way to crush a kid's dream there, Chuck. Thanks for nothin'. Heh heh heh )
    While I was in college I thought it would be cool to be a rock music journalist. Unfortunately by the time I left college the music scene was starting to suck.
    Somewhere in between I probably wanted to be Lita Ford's after-show towel boy and love slave too...haha big_smile

...none of the above ever worked out for various reasons (mostly due to my own ineptitude, naivete and/or fear of rejection/failure), so now I'm a middle aged nerd with a day job who writes blogs on the side that nobody reads...just like ten zillion other people whose dreams didn't pan out. Haha

3. profile image0
    Commonsensethinkposted 2 years ago

This is actually a curious story, but when I was a child I wanted to become a teacher (for no particular reason).

When I was a young adult  I couldn't think of any other career to follow, so I became a teacher.

And after three years of teaching I thoroughly hated it! It was not a place for a quiet intellectual introvert to make an impact, and as for dealing with some really stroppy kids occasionally - forget it!

It took me another three years though to find the career which suited me - a career that did not even exist when I was a child as Information Technology was unknown and computers were then still in their infancy!

4. SpiritusShepherd profile image59
    SpiritusShepherdposted 2 years ago

I either wanted to be a fighter pilot or a bull rider.

My dad was in the Air Force, he was responsible for maintenance on the jets. Sometimes we would go to visit him at work and he would let my sister and I sit in the cockpits. It was the most amazing feeling and I could imagine being in the air.

Bull rider was second choice, my favorite movie at the time was 8 seconds, also my dad took me to several rodeos and I thought it was the most amazing thing ever!

Sometimes I still want to be apart of the rodeo life, or at least own a ranch and maybe give my kids a chance to rodeo. smile

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

At one point, I wanted to be a doctor, so I could save lives.

working