jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

To parents of college graduates and postgraduates, would you financially support

1. gmwilliams profile image86
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

To parents of college graduates and postgraduates, would you financially support your children

and let them wait until they have found a job related to their educational level and/or major or would you tell them to take a non-college job but look around for a better job?  Why?  Why not?

2. prektjr.dc profile image82
    prektjr.dcposted 6 years ago

I encouraged my children to take a job in a field as close to their field of choice as possible and to work diligently toward their goal, but I did not finance their life after graduation!  I helped with cell phone and car insurance until they were employed, but that was it!  There is a point where they are going to have to be grownups like the rest of us and why would anyone work to reach their goals when Mommy and Daddy are paying the bills!  No. That is not helping them, it is handicapping them.  There is always dinner on the table that they can come eat for free, but there is a time to begin taking care of yourself!  My children were aware that it was coming....we prepared ahead and planned it out, so it was not a shock.  No problems!

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good response.

3. brandasaur profile image61
    brandasaurposted 6 years ago

Here in our country, kids above 18, may he be graduated or undergraduate or never stepped in college still lives with their parents. They encourages them, support and help them. But everything has its own limits right? There are abusive kids that turns to lazy monsters, forever dependent. Parents nag them but still help them.

working