jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How the new parents can change their lifestyle to adjust to newborn needs?

1. Ruchi Urvashi profile image77
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

How the new parents can change their lifestyle to adjust to newborn needs?

2. kittythedreamer profile image97
    kittythedreamerposted 6 years ago

No more partying. Be aware that now you can't just run out the door at the drop of a dime, you'll have to prepare before leaving the house with a baby...every single time you'll need to think about what the baby needs - food, diapers, change of clothes, toys, etc. Good luck!

3. Ruchira profile image79
    Ruchiraposted 6 years ago

No more late nights since; a new born will be waking up every few hours. So, what ever time the parents get, they should rest.
    Parents also need to be cut down on their socializing and other needs so that they can give utmost attention to their new born.

4. cabmgmnt profile image86
    cabmgmntposted 6 years ago

Sleep when the baby sleeps. If the baby naps at noon then forego the dishes and take a nap, too. I wish I had taken this advice it would have helped me through those many sleepless nights when the baby stayed awake all night.

5. meganlsmith3 profile image80
    meganlsmith3posted 6 years ago

The hardest adjustment for us was having to plan for every outting.  If we suddenly wanted to go out for dinner we had to pack a whole bag, and consider our baby's schedule.  Is she going to need to eat in the next hour and a half, Is this her fussy time, etc?  There were no more sporadic evenings.  We started having date nights in, one of us would get take out and a movie and we would eat on the couch.  That way if I needed to feed the baby or if she was fussy and needed to be bounced, we could do that in the comfort of our own home.

Once the baby is old enough to leave with a babysitter it is nice to be alone again and enjoy your meal without feeling rushed.  However, a simple evening out now costs twice as much because you have to pay the sitter. 

Babies definately put a cramp in your social life.  However, we were surprised to find that we really didn't mind that much.  So even though our lives have changed dramatically we wouldn't want to go back to those pre-children days.

working