jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should same sex couples be allowed to adopt or foster a child?

1. ValL profile image61
    ValLposted 6 years ago

Should same sex couples be allowed to adopt or foster a child?

2. stuff4you profile image65
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

Yeah because being a gay couple doesn't mean you're going to molest the kid or raise it to be a pervert.

the kid would be more likely to get picked on however...

3. Pikachusif profile image69
    Pikachusifposted 6 years ago

Yes, absolutely. I'm 100% straight, but I strongly believe that everyone has the right to gain happiness by positive means that are safe to everyone around them, including themselves. If, for gay\lesbians, that this means adopting a child, then I believe that these couples should be allowed to adopt and\or foster a child.

4. Jonesy0311 profile image61
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I certainly don't see why not. Then again, people are having their kids taken from them for not getting them vaccinated these days...so don't move to Texas. The same rules should apply to everyone. As long as you aren't a felon and can take care of the child, why the hell not? There are plenty of heterosexual couples out there beating their kids so someone has to pick up the slack I suppose. The only possible downside is that the kid will have to explain that he/she has two mommies...I don't think that constitutes a disqualifier. Just watch out for those pesky zealots on your way to the adoption agency and it should be smooth sailing.