jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

My 10 months old daughter is not sleeping through whole night . What to do

1. chicagoguy profile image74
    chicagoguyposted 6 years ago

My 10 months old daughter is not sleeping through whole night . What to do

My 10 months old daughter is not sleeping through whole night ,,she wakes up 2 or three times every night...is this common ...what we can do to make it better !! thanks

2. OfTheHeart profile image83
    OfTheHeartposted 6 years ago

My daughter went through something similar but I had to narrow it down to what it could be.  She began sleeping through the night at about 3 months and was good up until 8 months.  I made sure she did not nap for long hours during the day, she then won't be tired when bedtime rolled around.  I also made sure she wasn't waking up because she was hungry.  As babies grow they require an increase in milk especially during  growth spurt which your daughter may be experiencing approahing 1 year.  You can make sure she is well fed, diapered and bathed accordingly.  Is she sprouting a tooth?  This can be discomforting for her as well.  Sucking on something cold can alleviate.

3. Nefarious_Misery profile image68
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

I would have to say that it is very common. After 4 children, none of them kept the same sleep schdule in their infancy. One daughter slept through the night after 2 weeks. Another didn't sleep thought the night regularly until she was about 18 months.

The only advice I can offer is to try to stick to the same schedule every night and ride out the storm. Eventually they'll sleep through the night on their own.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Here is the unpopular answer--but I just put the kids in bed with me.  They felt warm, loved and not scared.  They outgrew it eventually and loved having their own rooms and their own beds...

5. greatstuff profile image95
    greatstuffposted 6 years ago

See if  this article on ways to get baby to sleep and stay asleep helps : www.askdrsears.com/topics/fussy-baby/31 … tay-asleep
    good luck

6. chicagoguy profile image74
    chicagoguyposted 6 years ago

Thanks to all the friends !! especially oftheheart

working