jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Which of you mothers would rather stay home & have your other half work?

1. tiare808 profile image59
    tiare808posted 6 years ago

Which of you mothers would rather stay home & have your other half work?

How do you do it when staying home; especially when being home with your children...because of no babysitter? Knowing that your other half can support the family, would you still rather stay home? smile

2. Danette Watt profile image85
    Danette Wattposted 6 years ago

I stayed home with my kids. They were 7 years apart and when my older son was born, my husband was in the Navy so I didn't really have to work. I wanted to be home with them and loved all of it, nurturing them, giving them the experiences I thought they should have, volunteering at their schools, etc. Did I go nuts sometimes, esp. when my husband was deployed? Definitely!

It was harder financially when my younger son was a few years old on up b/c by then my husband was out of the navy. I was going to school part time and working p/t but I still wanted to be home when my kids got home from school. I felt that was important. And by then when my older one was a teenager, he needed that bit of watching after school as he was (is) a much more of a risk taker than my younger one.

I would do it all the same again if I had to.

3. profile image0
    LillyGposted 6 years ago

I am a work at home mom, and my husband works outside of the home, mainly because my eldest is autistic and requires 24 hour care. It is hard raising kids, keeping  house and working from home, but it also has its rewards. I wouldn't change it for the world at this point.

4. helmutbiscut profile image75
    helmutbiscutposted 6 years ago

I have had the opportunity to stay home with my kids.  I work also as a contractor and go to school, so sometimes it's hard to balance everything.  I do think it is totally worth it though if one of the parents is able to stay home.