jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (14 posts)

If you could reinvent your family, would the same people be a part of it?

1. Libra Rajani profile image77
    Libra Rajaniposted 6 years ago

If you could reinvent your family, would the same people be a part of it?

Many people say I can choose my friends, but I was born into my family. Would your family remain the same or would you start from scratch and choose new members?

2. profile image0
    melafxposted 6 years ago

in my case, i think i would dismiss an uncle or two, lol, nice question!

3. profile image0
    LillyGposted 6 years ago

For the most part yes, but like Melafx said, I have a couple I would dismiss too LOL. I think we all have a few of those in our families that we could just do without although we still love them.

4. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

I would absolutely choose the family I have now.  They are all wonderful human beings and I enjoy them wholeheartedly.

5. profile image0
    The Writers Dogposted 6 years ago

Gawd no! Why would I want to relive tthe misery of my upbringing by choice?

6. profile image31
    santajedposted 6 years ago

My immediately family, Yes. Extended family, not too sure about all the members

7. profile image0
    reeltaulkposted 6 years ago

lol in a fantasy magical world...Definitely!!! But in this world (realistically present), it was mandatority that certain "family" members played a role in the path that I had to take.  In addition to me growing, my mindset and learning process.  Especially when it came to me learning from others mistakes and making good decisions!

LOL people kill me when they confidently possess contradicting emotions.  Why would you want to get rid of them and possibly claim to still love them.  No one wants to see anyone that they love go!

8. pstraubie48 profile image86
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

without a doubt...i have been so fortunate to blessed with a family who has been there for me my whole life...my parents taught me to love, to care, to share, to  be respectful of self and others, to work hard, to be......even my cousins and aunts and uncles were a part of the lovely family i was born into

9. THEHuG5 profile image60
    THEHuG5posted 6 years ago

The honest answer to that question is no. I would definitely take out a few toxic immediate family members. I would keep some people though.

Everyone isn't fortunate enough to have been raised with/around family who love them. Just because someone shares your blood does not mean that they are good for you, or should be in your life.

10. profile image52
    worldwidecosplayposted 6 years ago

Yes, not a single of my famliy members will be changed, coz i own them a lot. They really love me. Sometimes, they don't understand me and criticize me but I totally understand. Sometimes, there are quarrels, but it's normal for a family. They don't quarrel a lot.

11. Julie Nou profile image58
    Julie Nouposted 6 years ago

i would definitely pick another person to all I've known so far

12. profile image45
    Manzoor Ahmadposted 6 years ago

English because most people in world know english and it is taught in every part of world

13. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Absolutely!  I love my family and would not add or remove anyone!  My family is precious to me.

14. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 6 months ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12758207_f260.jpg

I would chose my parents, my second cousin, & one first cousin.   The others, well, I would discard as they are lazy, unsuccessful, ne'er do wells who are content being impoverished & dependent on outside assistance.  They had opportunities but elected not to better themselves.  I refuse to have such people in my family.

working