jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If your own child had committed murder, would you turn them in?

1. JosieLee profile image75
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

If your own child had committed murder, would you turn them in?

2. one2recognize2 profile image79
    one2recognize2posted 6 years ago

I will definitely convince him/her to turn themselves in and if they can't do so willingly then yes I would.

3. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

As a mother, I am all about protecting my children.

As a citizen, I am about lawful obedience.

Honestly, I would have to look at the individual case.........

did my daughter " kill" as a self defense act, or did she kill because she was cold blooded and destructive?

Yes, to a mother, it matters.

You need to question those, who give you an unqualified, "YES" answer.

4. Nefarious_Misery profile image67
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

I agree with onegoodwoman that it would depend greatly on the details of the death. If I saw it as self defense, or a justified death, I would more than likely try to aid them legally while they were hidden and or out of the country.

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

it would depend on why they did it. if it was just because they felt like it then i would get them to turn themselves in but if it was because someone had seriously deserved it, not a chance.

6. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Yes.  God forbid they do something like that, but sin is sin, no matter your relation to that person.  They must know the consequences.

7. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 6 years ago

If I was going to live true to my life's philosophy and spiritual beliefs, I would have to say yes.  I would turn him or her in.  If a murder is committed, then the murderer has to answer for it.  If it was self-defense or a there was some other reasonable circumstances, then the court must decide. No one has the right to take a human life, regardless if it is your own son or daughter. To hide them or lie for them is only committing yet another crime.

8. womenintouch profile image60
    womenintouchposted 6 years ago

If my child committed murder and it was not in self defense and they acted out of pure hatefulness, I would not allow them to be in my life. I would pray for their soul but they could not be involved in my life. I might send them a card now and then but they would not be welcome to my home or know where i live.

I have never allowed people who do wrong to mix within my life, this brings high blood pressure, worrying, stress, and i do not need it. Althought it may sound mean and insentive i would have to dismiss this child.