Have you had a close family member die recently? If so, how are you dealing with

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)
  1. cafeteria profile image62
    cafeteriaposted 12 years ago

Have you had a close family member die recently? If so, how are you dealing with it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6021243_f260.jpg

2. Margolyn profile image61
    Margolynposted 12 years ago

After a few months, I cleared out his closet gave it to Good Will.  Everything he had was given away, didn't want any reminders, I already have them in my head and heart.  No pictures either, except in an album I rarely look at.  I talk to him on occasion when I am alone and have to shovel the snow and let the dogs out.  I ask his forgiveness for allowing him to go with assistance as we had planned in our living wills.  I still feel guilty about that. Could he, would he?  survived?  Maybe, maybe not, if so he would have been a vegetable he wouldn't have wanted that. We made a deal, if we left before each other, we would move on with our futures, yes I know he has one where he is at and having a damn good time, cause he don't have to worry about the bills etc. I told him "we would meet again" but now we got to go our separate ways for a time.  It's getting easier, but the loneliness is much more difficult to deal with.  Trying to fill my time with writing and working.  It's a big load off of my mind knowing he is in a better place and much more happier than when he was here suffering.

3. cobrien profile image60
    cobrienposted 12 years ago

How recent is recent? My older sister died on Mothers' Day, 2009, and I still cry when I hear the song we played at her memorial and often cry when I see her picture. I often post her picture and a comment on my facebook page and we set up a memorial facebook page for her. Her birthday was Christmas Day and at 10 AM on Christmas, family and close friends light a candle for her.

4. Moms-Secret profile image76
    Moms-Secretposted 12 years ago

Day by day.  I don't plan much.  I do what I feel in a particular moment.  A lot has changed for me.  A lot of time passes over me with out me noticing.  I do see myself growing which is a relief, but the loss of a loved one is something that will always be with you.  It is more like adapting to your new life with a whole in your heart than 'moving on' like less experienced people suggest.  I expect that it will take a long time to learn too.  I am only 4 months without my husband.  It is finally starting to feel like it didn't just happen.  Most of my hubs are about this.  Some have said the commonality has helped them which does good things for me.  I didn't expect that.

Sometimes, I wish I could be a little like Margolyn.  If I could face touching some of his things, I would not have as many wars with impatient family members who want his things.

5. Jackie Lynnley profile image84
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 12 years ago

This answer will be so diverse. I have done it four times now and each is different although I loved them all the same. We never get over the injustice of a child dying I don't think and if it is someone who has had a full life even if we love and miss them tremendously; common sense helps out. It all depends on the person who dies and the person the griever is.

6. StephanieBCrosby profile image81
    StephanieBCrosbyposted 12 years ago

My grandfather passed away in a little over a month ago. I did not like going to visit him knowing the end was near. He was in hospice for the last few days. I don't like going to funerals, so I was lucky that it was a closed casket. Things went better than I thought. People in my family are known for going crazy during major events like this, but everyone managed to stay tame for our standards.

The only part I still cannot get over is how my aunt, who was power of attorney, postponed printing an obituary and the actual burial for almost over a about a week. I, like others, thought it would be great if his funeral was on Veteran's Day since he is/was one, but she held off for several days after because she did not want to cancel her vacation. How selfish is that!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)