jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why are baby boys more preferred than baby girls?

1. VidaLovesLife profile image75
    VidaLovesLifeposted 6 years ago

Why are baby boys more preferred than baby girls?

I read an article from a magazine that globally, most would-be parents  prefered boys than girls.

2. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 6 years ago

Most Asian people especially the ones that follow family traditions, preferred to have boys in order to carry on the family generation. In other words, boys uses the father surname whereas girls when they are married, follows husbands surname.
    Therefore, boys will forever carry down the same surname for generations.
    Some parents brain-wash their sons mind that they have to take care of the old folks when they becomes adult.

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

Wow, I do not know.  I do not have a preference.  I would be happy with whichever God decided to bless me with!

4. Lady_E profile image75
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Why baby boys are better than baby girls. read more

5. tamarawilhite profile image91
    tamarawilhiteposted 5 years ago

In agricultural societies, boys can do the hard physical work essential to the farm like plowing and harvesting. In hunter-gatherer societies, men are the main protectors and hunters; women account for more calories gathered, but the meat is invaluable and protection for predators is essential. This made boys more valuable, since they were more essential to survival of the family unit.
    It has only been in agrarian societies that had almost no hunting (Pueblo) or modern society where women can earn as much as men that women gained equal rights to men.