jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What would you do if you found out that your son/younger sibling was being bulli

1. sashas89 profile image67
    sashas89posted 6 years ago

What would you do if you found out that your son/younger sibling was being bullied?

This is a tricky question because there really is no right response to it. I would like to know what fellow hubbers think about it.

And no, you can't hit the bully yourself! You're not Billy Bob Thornton from Bad Santa!

2. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Initiate a supreme smackdown on the bully, lol, maybe open up a large can of...hehe well in my younger years this was a possibility now I would probably try to go through the proper channels to make sure the situation is resolved.

3. ananceleste profile image73
    anancelesteposted 6 years ago

First give your child or sibling the coping tools to ensure that he or she is safe emotionaly. Help then make a journal of the abuse. Dates, places and witnesses if any. Follow the proper channels to report the problem. There are legal ways to proceede in this kind of situations, at school and elsewere.

My daughter had situation like this one with a bully, when she was in grade school. After I did my homework and took steps, I found out that the girl in question had a record. The school refused to step in and the teachers were too lazy to do anything . So I took it upon myself to end it. I got a restrining order against the girl. Actually was the best thing I did. She ( the girl) attacked a teacher a week later and was sent to juvi hall for 6 months for harrasment and battery. Because of the order I requested and the evidence we presented, she was in probation until she turned 18. I would have walked on hot coals for my child. Sending someone that was terrorizing her and hitting her to jail was nothing.

4. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

My stepfather taught me how to deal with bullies by teaching me how to fight and by instilling such things into me as self-confidence, self-reliance and unwavering faith in God.

And those early teachings have served me quite well. 

As examples, throughout my adult life, I have always been able to effectively deal with all of the bullies that have I encountered in such places as the U.S. Army, corporate world and the "mean streets" of big cities.

Thus, I have passed on the same things that I was taught to all of the young people I am connected to -- and just as has always been the case for me, those teachings are serving those youngsters quite well.

5. joanake profile image68
    joanakeposted 6 years ago

this happened to my younger bro. First I'd find out the exact situation from him/her before accessing what type of a bully is the other party. I would then advice him/her to approach the teacher (if it happens in school) to prevent future occurrences and stand up for himself/herself (not by fighting) just to show that he/she is not a pushover.

If it does not work, I will get in contact with the parent of the bully and address the issue with them to put a put to it.