jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Will you be willing to adopt a child that is physically or mentally challenged ?

1. Purple Perl profile image59
    Purple Perlposted 6 years ago

Will you be willing to adopt a child that is physically or mentally challenged ?

You are inspired by Angelina Jolie and Madonna. You decide to adopt a child. A child from the under developed countries with a different skin color. But, would you consider one that is not perfect ?

2. pagesvoice profile image85
    pagesvoiceposted 6 years ago

In an indirect kind of way my wife and I did. When my mother-in-law passed away she left her son with Down's Syndrome. Between my wife's sister and brother-in-law we too shared his custody, until he became too ill to care for at home. I loved this guy so much that I had him as my best man when I married his sister. Special needs children bring us all closer to a higher being.

3. BakingBread-101 profile image60
    BakingBread-101posted 6 years ago

All children are perfect, we just have to understand how to raise them that way!  My child has a different color skin and is special needs by legal definition.  We overcome her challenges one at a time as we figure them out.  To look at her, you would never know she is "special needs".  But think about it, aren't we all in our own way?

4. Melindas Mind profile image70
    Melindas Mindposted 6 years ago

Yes, and I most likely will. When my husband is done with college, we're planning on adopting one or two children from child services, and we're willing to take in children with disabilities.There are lots of disabled children sitting on the adoption list because no one wants to adopt a special needs child.

working