jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What makes a good parent?

1. mommystayhome profile image61
    mommystayhomeposted 6 years ago

What makes a good parent?

2. Ian Dabasori Hetr profile image80
    Ian Dabasori Hetrposted 6 years ago

Love care and good discipline makes a good parent...

3. vkwok profile image84
    vkwokposted 6 years ago

This article is about the role of parents and how to be a good one. It tells why the role of parents in a child's life is important and what the consequences of child negligence might be. read more

4. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

True love; with this, all the other necessities come naturally with patience and practice

5. profile image55
    shorty72posted 6 years ago

A good parent hmm that's a good question a lot of things make up a good parent but for me the most important is love, caring ,always ready to listen ,  never judge , but they always know there are consequences for their actions and that you are there for them no matter what. That is what I think makes a  good parent is.

6. Nate Ahern profile image60
    Nate Ahernposted 6 years ago

Constant love and constant wise direction.  Key part, though: directing your kid toward good things can never be to satisfy your own desires or to vent your own anger.  Direction has to be sacrificial: for them.

7. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

There are many things that are necessary to be a good parent but one stands out.  To love unconditionally and in a selfless way AND be able to let the child know how you feel.  Parents love their children, not they do not always tell children.

8. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 6 years ago

I think that love, discipline and patience are of the essence and patience is a big part of it...

9. Marturion profile image60
    Marturionposted 6 years ago

Total and complete immersion into the life of your child.  You become a parent, and you become that above and beyond all else.