jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What are some good Snow Day activities for children?

1. CeeGunn profile image83
    CeeGunnposted 6 years ago

What are some good Snow Day activities for children?

School has been cancelled and it's too snowy to go outside!

2. greatparenting profile image60
    greatparentingposted 6 years ago

Cooking! My kids always enjoyed a day of cooking. Make a yummy vegetable soup, the kids can help with all the preparation. They also especially loved making meatballs and of course, cookies.

Reading! Snuggle up and read them chapters of a book you loved as a child.

Homemade Play dough. Tons of easy recipes online. This works for hours of fun. Be sure to play with them. Parents need a play day too.

3. pstraubie48 profile image85
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

A really fun 'snow day' activity after the kids have come in frozen and ready to warm up...is to have a picnic.
    Cover the floor with sleeping bags or blankets, throw pillows that are easy care as there are going to be some spills.
    enlist help making sandwiches and bake some easy cookies...enlist help for those too...
    After lunch, kids can color, read, lay around; you can tell some ghost stories or some old family stories that the kids have heard a thousand times...
    my daughter always loved this...we usually had a few extra kids at our house on those winter days in South Dakota.

4. xethonxq profile image64
    xethonxqposted 6 years ago

1. An indoor scavenger hunt
    2. Writing letters or drawing pictures to service men/women
    3. Calling or skyping grandparents
    4. Creating a new board game
    5. Having dress up day
    6. Having a movie day
    7. Going through the house and finding items you no longer need to donate to charity.

5. danajconnelly profile image71
    danajconnellyposted 6 years ago

Snow cones are a blast (using clean snow off course).  Bring a couple of juice boxes outside with you and have them squeeze the juice into cups they filled with snow.  Another great activity is building an igloo, if enough snow is available.  The act of building it will tire them out and you"ll find they want to hang inside the igloo all day.

6. emimemo profile image79
    emimemoposted 6 years ago

I guess make something with kids.
    My hub has some origami / paper crafts instructions, please use them.

7. athena2011 profile image57
    athena2011posted 6 years ago

Building puzzles, playing cards or other types of games, Drawing a picture then coloring it. Reading.

8. MsDora profile image96
    MsDoraposted 6 years ago

(1) Make a family video of a snowy school day at home.

(2) Do a jigsaw puzzle

(3) Create get-well cards for someone in the hospital

(4) Play "Remember when?"  Recalling past incidents (for example, grandma's visit) and have each child tell what he/she remembers.