jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is it good to let your 3 year old kid go to child care center for full day while

1. Ruchi Urvashi profile image76
    Ruchi Urvashiposted 6 years ago

Is it good to let your 3 year old kid go to child care center for full day while you work?

2. breastpumpreviews profile image81
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

If you have to work, then there is nothing wrong with it.  It is good with social interaction and some even teach a preschool program.  Find a daycare that you trust.  If you can afford to stay at home with your child, then you can get social interaction from play groups and play dates or other activities.

3. bulldogrocks profile image72
    bulldogrocksposted 6 years ago

I believe having your child in a center as early as 2 1/2 on is good for their social growth.  I put my children in a daycare center by the time they were 2 1/2 whether I was working or not.  It is even more important for children without siblings.  I was an only child and wound up having a rough time with social interactions til highschool.  I think if I had siblings or my mom started me earlier than 5 it would have been easier on me because I was so shy.  My philosophy is kids learn by watching and doing with other kids.

4. MKSteward profile image61
    MKStewardposted 6 years ago

As a former day care PreK teacher and mother, I think that if you are confident in the facility and the staff, then you are ahead of the game. At three, your child is at the perfect age to start learning how to socialize with other children, and to also begin to learn the basics for Kindergarten. Also, it will be a great way for your child to build up their immities to childhood illnesses. We maybe get one head cold all year in the house now.   

I've seen many parents stuggle with sending their children off into the arms of strangers. I had a hard time putting my son in day care, and I worked there! It'll take some adjustment, but like I said in the beginning of my answer, if you are confident in the staff, then you are in a great place and so is your child.