jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many times have you heard "I hope your kids are just like you" from your own

1. ThePracticalMommy profile image96
    ThePracticalMommyposted 5 years ago

How many times have you heard "I hope your kids are just like you" from your own parents?

Usually during a low point, a parent may say to a child "I hope your kids are just like you!". Have you heard this as a child? Did your kids turn out like you? If so, how are they like you?

2. Don Simkovich profile image61
    Don Simkovichposted 5 years ago

Honestly, I never heard it directed at me. Now, my brother and sister .... !
    However, I did hear my mom say, when I was in my late 20s, "as a parent, you give up all your rights." Which I thought was somewhat appropriate.

3. loopylou2012 profile image60
    loopylou2012posted 5 years ago

Same here, i never got it directed at me but my brother got it said to him all the time.

4. CeLestialCameo profile image83
    CeLestialCameoposted 5 years ago

My mom did not say this to me as far as I can remember, but her mother did say it to her from my understanding. Somehow, my mom only had one out of 5 children that acted like her and I (lucky me) had the daughter that was a combination of my mother and one of my sisters in attitude. She is now 26, and doing great. However, she was a tough girl to raise. She was a good child, just very opinionated and inflexible. My son, now 16 is more like me. He is a helper and appreciates everything he has.

5. moonfairy profile image81
    moonfairyposted 5 years ago

too many...lol. When he was a little guy he was worse that I ever was as a child (I swear)..but he's 30 now and has grown into a wonderfully mature adult and I couldn't be more proud of him smile

6. teaches12345 profile image96
    teaches12345posted 5 years ago

I may have heard it a few times from my mom. Usually expressed when I was a teen with challenging behaviour issues.  I can't say I blame her. I think I may have used this once (OK, may be twice) with my child.  It should be a compliment though if they do pick up some of our good traits.

7. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 5 years ago

I heard this many many times in my life and I must say, this is a wish that comes true. Haha..

working