jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

What do you do to teach your child gratitude?

1. I Am Rosa profile image90
    I Am Rosaposted 6 years ago

What do you do to teach your child gratitude?

We teach our children how to say "Please" and "Thank you", but what are some effective methods of teaching a child how to feel gratitude and to express it?

2. shampa sadhya profile image83
    shampa sadhyaposted 6 years ago

Children must be taught to be a good human being from childhood. Along with academic education one should learn to be grateful and other moral qualities too. Tips to teach how to show gratitude. read more

3. Catzgendron profile image71
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

Remind them of what we're gone through over the years, homeless, death, broke, what we had to live without and what we have now.

4. ripplemaker profile image85
    ripplemakerposted 6 years ago

Can we teach kids to be grateful? Here are ten things you can do together with your kids and enable you to increase the thankfulness in your heart as well. read more

5. Sparkle Chi profile image75
    Sparkle Chiposted 5 years ago

When my kids were young I started using this method when they were grumpy or taking things for granted. It has become the "Stop and Give Me 5" game now. I would ask them to stop and name five things they love. As they think about it, their thoughts turn towards love and gratitude.
    I wrote more about this on my hub "Helping Kids Out Of A Bad Mood", which can be found at http://sparklechi.hubpages.com/hub/Raise-The-Vibration
    I believe this is an easy strategy that can be used as much with adults as with children!

1. I Am Rosa profile image90
      I Am Rosaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

What an awesome idea!  My husband and I have recently started doing this with each other whenever we get stressed or worried.