jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Who, or what influenced your life the most?

1. LaThing profile image74
    LaThingposted 6 years ago

Who, or what influenced your life the most?

2. sunkentreasure profile image75
    sunkentreasureposted 6 years ago

There's no other friend

so true and so faithful

There's no other love

so precious, so dear

There's no other joy

so rich and fulfilling

There's no other grace

so kind and so rare

There's no other one

who has done

more for the world

than Jesus.

© Bernard Levine

3. Denise Handlon profile image91
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Awhile ago I wrote a hub about a woman who influenced my parenting skills.  She was instrumental in helping me to discover a different way to raise children (although I was only a teen at the time), and it allowed me to break a cycle of parenting that I had grown up with.

The other influence was Maria Montessori's teachings about children.

4. Catzgendron profile image72
    Catzgendronposted 6 years ago

A wonderful group of adults and teenagers i met when i made a retreat, TEC - Teens Encounter Christ.  They saved my life.  I didn't have the lightening blot of understanding strike me but through the years many of them touched my heart and healed my soul and let me let go so God could help me stay sane.

5. Eliminate Cancer profile image60
    Eliminate Cancerposted 6 years ago

Experience.  Nobody can do that for you.

Take the twists and turns of life, and be OPEN to the lessons they give.  Don't expect to know everything, enter every new experience willing to grow with it.  Be willing to change your mind.  Be willing to take a new path. 

And don't hang on to baggage from your past - keep it where it belongs: the past. 

Your life is about your experiences here and now, and the direction you move yourself in as you approach tomorrow.

6. Sparklea profile image76
    Sparkleaposted 6 years ago

God and His Son, Jesus Christ has influenced my life more than anything else. 

I didn't start on the path to redemption until I was 19 years old, and it has been quite a journey.  What I have learned is that I must die to self daily.  Many times I fail at this.  Total dependence on God, moment by moment, is the key to peace of
    mind.  It's so easy to forget when I get caught up in unexpected daily distractions.

I just know that without God I am nothing. 

Blessings, Sparklea smile