jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

The Better Option - Breastfeeding or Bottle-Feeding? What's Your Opinion?

1. Shil1978 profile image92
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

The Better Option - Breastfeeding or Bottle-Feeding? What's Your Opinion?

2. pipmistress profile image59
    pipmistressposted 6 years ago

I like breast feeding because it makes me sleep more at night, than bottle feeding who will wake me up 2 to 3 times at night and to sing and dance my baby and prepare some milk and helps him burp.

3. breastpumpreviews profile image83
    breastpumpreviewsposted 6 years ago

I love breastfeeding my baby. At work I pump milk for him.  I love the bond breastfeeding gives with baby.  I love his snuggles.

4. profile image54
    Juno Jeaneposted 6 years ago

In today's modern society, with all the research available to us, it is surprising that this question is asked as often as it does.

It is unequivocally better for a baby to be breastfed. We are a highly evolved species, our bodies do amazing things in order to produce children, from conception, through pregnancy and beyond. We are naturally set up to breast feed and as a result, breast milk contains a plethora of nutrients specific to our babies needs. Not only that, but it also changes with their development so that newborn babies get different milk to older babies.

Research shows that purely breastfed babies have higher tolerances to illness, allergies and are less likely to develop asthma.

I urge all new mothers out there to really persevere with breast feeding, not only is it better nutritionally but it is the ONE thing that only you as a mother can do, the sense of connection and bonding is magical.

I do understand many of the reasons why some women choose formula over breast feeding, your partner can get involved, the baby stays fuller for longer, you don't have to deal with leakages, engorgement and all the annoyances that go along with it, but I say again, it is what we are made to do, they are only babies for such a short period of time, cherish being their mother as much as possible.

working