jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Nowadays, is a father important to his daughter, and if so, why?

1. Johanna Baker profile image76
    Johanna Bakerposted 6 years ago

Nowadays, is a father important to his daughter, and if so, why?

2. Clayton Fernandes profile image78
    Clayton Fernandesposted 6 years ago

I think it'll always be daddy's little girl & mama's little boy. I dont have a father. So i guess growing up and the thought of being one someday scares me. But i know for a fact if i get a girl i'm so going to ground her till she's like 25 or something. A friend asked me why i'm so crazy about it and further mentioned "what if your daughter jumps out the window of her room to meet the boyfriend"  i simply replied "what makes you think her room will have windows".
    i kid about it. I guess i'll only be ever so protective because there are boys like me that exist. now after growing up i understand respect towards a girls father and honesty and loyalty. i would like to see the same qualities from someone as such someday. But all hypothetical talk. I might get a football team of all boys for all i know lol.
    I guess fathers and daughters share a special relationship. All girls i believe want guys to be like their fathers. hard working, honest, fun loving etc.
    or maybe i'm just talking garbage and off point.

3. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

i sure like to think we are. we are her protector, the one who is there when she needs to talk and the one who spoils her no matter what. we help in any way we can and are always there through thick and thin.

4. Rev. Akins profile image76
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

There have been several studies that say the father is very important to the self-image the daughter has. He can help her be healthy and proud of who she is or embarrassed and constantly seeking the wrong kind of attention due to how he treats her between the ages of 5-10. Many people will tell their toddlers how pretty and cute they are and then stop after they become 6 or so. This message tells the child they are no longer attractive and they are no longer valued by their father. As a father of a wonderful 2 year old, I am making a vow to always tell her she is beautiful, smart, and worth more than she knows in the hopes she will turn out with a self-image that is true to her nature.

working