jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you believe sibling rivalry is a natural process? If so, why?

1. Lisas-thoughts101 profile image62
    Lisas-thoughts101posted 6 years ago

Do you believe sibling rivalry is a natural process?  If so, why?

2. Anne Pettit profile image72
    Anne Pettitposted 6 years ago

Sibling rivalry is a natural process.  Humans are competitive and siblings are near one another more than they are any other people.  Sibling rivalry helps children learn to co-exist, and they are able to work things out with someone who is equal (which makes it a level playing field) and someone that is not threatening.  Sibling rivalry is a very good thing.  Sometimes, parents must intervene for physical safety, but it is best for siblings to work things out themselves.

3. profile image55
    consentinoposted 6 years ago

Children are like the rest of us, they all have their own personalities and sometimes they are forced to live with a brother or sister who is the complete opposite of them.
    I had this situation with one of my sisters and now we are like best friends, but, I still couldn't live with her.   It is good thou8gh, for a child to be exposed to different personalities, it prepares them for the outside world.

4. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 5 years ago

In families where there is more than one child, there is bound to be sibling rivalry.  In fact, sibling rivalry is quite normal in multichild families as each child is vying for parental attention. read more

working