jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Moms: How do you balance work and motherhood?

1. LauraGT profile image90
    LauraGTposted 5 years ago

Moms: How do you balance work and motherhood?

2. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I was never very successful at balancing the two. I would try working and would work a few weeks then end up quitting.  I just really wanted to be home with the kids.  I was lucky to be able to make that choice.  So many women don't get a choice and have to work.

3. algarveview profile image89
    algarveviewposted 5 years ago

Well, it's quite hard actually... It's basically about doing everything very fast, keep your eyes on your goal (which is finishing your tasks) and don't stray untill you finish. Usually for me when I finish doing everything is around 22:30 and I'm so tired that I sit down on the coach and fall asleep, but I keep hoping the day after is better, because in the meanwhile it can't be any other way. Just to give you an idea usually my kids wake me up in bed whenever they feel like it, then is taking care of them, breakfast, taking them to day care, work, work, work, sometimes meetings untill 19:00 or 20:00, picking them up at the end of the day, bath for everyone, making dinner, laundry, cleaning the house a bit, dinner, cleaning up afterwards,  sitting down for some stories or other play games, milk for the kids and afterwards bed and I'm out... What I try to do also is to include them in my usual tasks, for instance cooking or even cleaning the house, so I can be a bit more with them.

4. rdown profile image75
    rdownposted 5 years ago

Finding a balance between work and motherhood is not easy but can be done. read more

5. freemarketingnow profile image58
    freemarketingnowposted 5 years ago

I'm the wrong gender to be asking this question to, but I would guess you rely on as much help as you can get. For example, I help my spouse cook if I get home earlier.

working