jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Would you allow your child to sit under the teaching of an adult, if the teacher

1. suebee62 profile image59
    suebee62posted 6 years ago

Would you allow your child to sit under the teaching of an adult, if the teacher bullied your child?

What would you do?

2. William Gerace profile image70
    William Geraceposted 5 years ago

Absolutely not. There is no excuse for a professional to mistreat a child in this matter. If this occurred first I would request a meeting with the teacher and try to get to the root of the problem. If this was unsuccessful I definitely would take it further to the school administrator and request the child be removed from the teacher's room. If I had any problems getting this accomplished I would take it as far as I could cause everyone has a boss. There is no reason for a child to go through such abuse. It can harm a child mentally and it just isn't right. But no I would never let my child be bullied by any teacher. It's intolerable.

3. louiseelcross profile image84
    louiseelcrossposted 5 years ago

I came across a teacher bullying my son. The last straw was when she scrubbed out a spelling he did and replaced it with the wrong spelling. I confronted her and she retired after teaching for 25 yrs. My son was a gorgeous well behaved child too. I could not understand why she did not like him. She was a bully and there is no other way to describe her. She might have gotton away with it for 25 yrs because i am sure my son will not have been the first six yr old she could dominate. She is better off in a job away from children. No one has the rights to treat our children or us badly.

1. profile image57
      Clementine8posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Please sign this to stop teachers bullying children - http://www.change.org/petitions/office- … preschools

4. Laura Schneider profile image90
    Laura Schneiderposted 4 years ago

My initial reaction is, "Not for a second."

However, I remember being in school where I needed to take certain classes to graduate and only one bullying teacher taught those certain classes (primarily gym/phys. ed. classes, where the uniforms showed off that I was the tiniest, skinniest kid by far in each grade, and that just fueled the chastising/bullying of the teacher and students). One gym teacher pushed me, unexpectedly, into the deep end of the pool, knowing I was too skinny to float and not a strong swimmer: that time the whole class stood up for me and someone ELSE accused her of pushing me in first, not I! Several students jumped in and helped me out of the pool, sputtering and coughing from inhaling a breath of water unexpectedly.

A number of childhood diseases, added to my 1% size for my age, was criticized by the Health teacher frequently, once in front of the whole class because I answered a question about NOT eating fresh fruits and vegetables and from all four food groups as a good answer (because I was dangerously allergic to 3  of the 4 food groups and all fresh fruits and vegetables).

Though my parents contacted the schools over the years, verbally and in writing, nothing was done: the gym and health teachers were teaching lessons "to the whole class" on how to be healthy and fit and therefore had done nothing wrong (except to my already shattered self-image). No other teachers or schools or home-schooling were options for me, either, so there I was stuck.

On the plus side: I still look 10 years younger than my actual age and I'm in my 40s. And, it has been about 3-4 years since I was carded for an R-rated movie.

If I had had a child, and found out a teacher was bullying her/him, I would have done everything in my power to see that this teacher was punished and put in a position where he/she could never bully another child. I'm learning to stand up for myself and those I love the older I get. "The system" isn't always broken, and I'm not afraid to call the police, lawyers, the District Attorney's office, and even federal-level contacts, as appropriate, to make things happen if earlier attempts fail.