Should you prevent your child from playing with certain children?

1. FreezeFrame34 profile image76
    FreezeFrame34posted 6 years ago

Should you prevent your child from playing with certain children?

Do you teach your child to appreciate others' differences and to always get along, or do you purposely not let your child play with other children who are obviously spoiled and mean?

2. terrektwo profile image84
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

I would have to say yes. When children get older they will choose their own friends by default but it is up to you to decide when your child is a young age who you expose them to. You need to help them understand who they should want to be around and develop standards.

3. jacqui2011 profile image83
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

My daughter has 3 or 4 close friends, and one of them is particularly mean to her. I don't know what it is, but she is always calling her names, ignoring her or constantly using her when she has no one else. As soon as someone else comes on the scene, my daughter is immediately dropped and told to go away. This really upsets her as she is not doing anything wrong. I have told her that this girl is being nasty and that she should stick with her other friends who are all very nice.

It must seem a bit harsh, but I would rather that she had nothing to do with this so-called friend who can't seem to stop being horrid. She is 11 years old and hopefully will see sense and realize that she is not a friend but a user. It is her choice and as she gets older she will find out just who her real friends are.