jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Did You or Do You Feel That Your Parents Love Your Sibling More Than You?

1. Shil1978 profile image94
    Shil1978posted 5 years ago

Did You or Do You Feel That Your Parents Love Your Sibling More Than You?

If so, do you believe that there is really a difference in love, or that it is just your perception and imagination? If you truly believe that your sibling is loved more, why do you think that is so?

2. Johnjfernando profile image61
    Johnjfernandoposted 5 years ago

Of course! Its been like that since I was a little boy. Maybe the first time I noticed it was when I was 4 or 5. I feel like that all the time and its common in every family with little sibling rivalries. I feel that my sibling is loved more than me because he's the older brother and my parents believe in the fact that boys are more likely to be successful when they grow up. (its an old generation belief that men are more useful than women or more likely become successful and prosperous at looking after the family) Even though I'm the youngest brother I feel that its something that discourages me to do well in anything to impress them because they always pay attention to his needs on a higher level than mine and also that I'm always being nagged at, the most.

3. Robie Benve profile image99
    Robie Benveposted 5 years ago

Not anymore, but I used to think that not only they loved me less than my older brothers, but that they must have adopted me, while they were biological children (little did I know that I look like my parents and my brothers - a lot!)
    I remember when i was 6 or 7 hiding behind close doors trying to catch glimpses of conversations about my adoption.
    Crazy, I know, but children see things differently, and perception changes reality sometimes.
    Thank goodness I survived and at some point I knew they were all fantasies. smile

4. shanaya profile image76
    shanayaposted 5 years ago

A very good question huh. I was a toddler when my grandmother had taken care of me coz my Mom was pregnant again at the very young age. That period torchered me in my Teen age days. Many questions was in my mind like, Why my parents let me go to my Grandparents place? Don't they Love me? Why they cared more about that child who wasn't even born at that time?And many more..... But my grandmother made me understood everything. So this is just your perception or imagination and nothing more than that. These things are very common in teenagers but a Good Communication is the best way to let them know that they are special too.                                                        Respect Shu:)

5. elayne001 profile image72
    elayne001posted 5 years ago

I was the second child, and have always had to run very fast to keep up with my big brother. He was smarter, taller, better looking, and the apple of my parent's eyes. But, he has always been there for me when I needed him, and I am glad that he is my big brother. It is hard to say if he was loved more than me, but my parents did invest a lot of money by sending him to medical school. He is a doctor. My two sisters and I have supported ourselves for most of our grown up years. Funny when my brother and I get together, we like to see who has the latest tech gadgets. It is usually me! Sibling rivalry lives on.....

6. forall profile image60
    forallposted 5 years ago

No. My parents are much just. I can feel no difference in their love. Maybe because our beliefs impose that parents should be just to their children as for children to obey their parents. Anyway, whatever is the reason, I love my parents behavior and I wish to be like them.

7. rave1432 profile image60
    rave1432posted 5 years ago

I have observed it a lot with me and my younger sister. The parents treat her better period, as well as the grandparents. It is a fact that they love her more. They spend time and money on her and ignore me. I am not saying this as a bitter person, I don't care, I was a loner because of that. But they did love her more. I had a roof over my head and food so I was fine.

working